Sherritt Greene

» Calgary Immigration Lawyers

Contact - Sherritt Greene

If you are considering immigration to Canada, whether for a short stay or long-term, you may be wondering when you should start looking for an immigration lawyer—or even whether you need one at all. In almost every case, however, you should try to seek advice and assistance from the best immigration lawyer you can find. Immigration law is a complex and confusing field, and your goals and your future are at stake; you want an ally with the knowledge and experience to help you succeed in your quest.

An immigration law firm will be able to help you achieve your immigration goals, but you may face unnecessary delays and setbacks if you don’t retain legal help early in the process. In fact, many people forego the help of a lawyer at the beginning of the immigration journey, and end up needing help later, when problems arise, such as:

1)     If there is any chance of inadmissibility. Certain issues that can diminish your chances for a successful immigration, such as pending criminal charges, a previous criminal record, a misrepresentation on your application, or even a serious health problem. An immigration lawyer can help you evaluate your situation and try to find ways to address the issue.

2)     When hearings or court proceedings are required. Most people are not equipped to go into a court of law without professional representation. The procedures can be confusing, the law complex, and the situation nerve-wracking for the uninitiated, especially when your future is on the line. A lawyer will be familiar with courtroom procedures and strategies and can advocate for you before a judge or immigration hearing officer if needed.

3)     If there are delays. Perhaps you’ve been going through the process on your own, but the days are stretching into months and you don’t know how to move your application forward. An immigration lawyer can often help you find out what is causing the delays and get your immigration case back on track.

4)     If you are confused or unsure of your next steps. Many people attempt to tackle immigration issues by themselves, only to realize they are lost or in over their heads. Don’t feel badly; sometimes, we all just need a hand, some good advice, and a professional who can help us proceed with confidence. The immigration process can be bewildering, and many people often find themselves overwhelmed by the paperwork and documentation required, or they may simply need help figuring out the best course of action. Your lawyer can make sure that you’re on the right path and help you prepare and submit a successful application.

If you find yourself in the midst of a complicated and complex immigration situation, or if you have a loved one who needs legal assistance, now is the time to call a qualified and experienced immigration lawyer who can guide your case every step of the way.

Sherritt Greene, Barristers and Solicitors: Immigration Advice You Can Trust

Since its inception in 1998, the law firm of Sherritt Greene has become one of the premiere immigration law firms in Alberta, serving individual clients and corporations from across the globe in matters involving travel or relocation to Canada. With more than 50 years of combined experience in all areas of immigration law, the firm’s legal team has earned a solid reputation among clients, courts, and the legal community for their integrity, professionalism, and efficiency. After 15 years in practice together, Michael Sherritt and Michael Greene remain committed to the highest standards of client care and representation, and to achieving the best possible result for every client. They work to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in immigration law so that they can find cutting-edge solutions for their clients’ needs. They will take the time to understand your situation, explain your options, and guide you through the immigration process. The Sherritt Greene Immigration Law Centre is located at 301 Mount Royal Village, 1550 8th St. SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 1K1 Canada, or they can be reached at (866) 847-6361.