Sherritt Greene

» Calgary Immigration Lawyers

Temporary Admission - Sherritt Greene

If I’m Deemed Inadmissible, Can I Still Get Into Canada?

Even if Canadian immigration authorities have declared you to be inadmissible for criminal, medical, or security reasons, you may still be eligible for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) so long as you demonstrate that there is a significant reason you need to enter Canada and you satisfy additional criteria. A TRP will temporarily overcome your inadmissibility and allow you to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period.

How Can I Get a Temporary Residence Permit?

If you are inadmissible to Canada for reasons related to a criminal record, you’ll also be inadmissible for any study, work, or visiting purposes. You also won’t be able to apply for permanent resident status. However, a TRP can allow you to gain entry to Canada for specific reasons and for a limited length of time.

The circumstances and acts that may constitute criminal inadmissibility are numerous and can be complicated.  An experienced immigration lawyer can review your record and advise you about your options.

If an individual is criminally inadmissible, a Temporary Resident Permit is required until it can be proven that the holder’s criminal inadmissibility has been suspended or removed (for example, through the criminal rehabilitation process). While criminal rehabilitation is a permanent solution to criminal inadmissibility, a TRP is only a temporary solution.

How an Immigration Lawyer Can Help.

Since a TRP may be your only lifeline for your ability to remain in Canada, it is vital that you have an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer who can guide you through the process. You should look for an immigration lawyer who can help you apply for a TRP and/or criminal rehabilitation; who will help you assemble and submit the required supporting documentation showing why you are inadmissible and why you need to enter Canada; and who can prepare you for any interviews with immigration authorities so that you have the best possible chance of obtaining your TRP.

Sherritt Greene – Experienced Calgary Immigration Lawyers

Since opening its doors in 1998, the law firm of Sherritt Greene has become one of the most successful immigration law firms in Calgary, Alberta. They have worked with clients from across the globe seeking to travel or immigrate to Canada. With more than 50 years of legal experience between them, Michael Sherritt and Michael Greene remain committed to the highest standards of their profession, and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible results for each and every client. The offices of the Sherritt Greene Immigration Law Centre are located at 301 Mount Royal Village, 1550 8th St. SW, Calgary, Alberta TR2 1K1, Canada. Call Sherritt Greene at (866) 847-6361 for a consultation about your immigration matter.