Jennifer Roggemann Law Office

» Kitchener Immigration Lawyers

FAQ - Jennifer Roggemann Law Office

When it comes to the Canadian immigration process, you probably have a lot of questions. An experienced immigration lawyer can help. In the meantime, here are a few questions that cover the basics.

Do I Need a Lawyer to Immigrate to Kitchener?

You can apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada by yourself, but in order to make sure everything is properly handled, the services of a qualified immigration lawyer are recommended. When it comes to the do-it-yourself approach, many people find that the work and investment of time is considerable—and more importantly, there is simply too much opportunity for error. Mistakes in applications or interviews can easily derail the process. An experienced lawyer is able to guide the client through the steps of a successful Canadian immigration. Jennifer Roggemann has more than a decade of experience in immigration law.

How do I find a Canadian lawyer?

Each Canadian province has its own bar association, of which the lawyers practicing in the province are members. A single call to the bar association in your area will verify that a lawyer is licensed and trained to practice in this area. Jennifer Roggemann serves the Kitchener area with first-rate legal services in the area of immigration.

Why a lawyer? Why not a paralegal or consultant?

A lawyer is able to represent the interests of the client on many fronts, including immigration, legal, and appeals processes. Consultants and paralegals are more limited in the services they can offer, and are not allowed to represent clients in federal court at all. Lawyers are bound by rules of professional responsibility, and also have a level of accountability with their respective bar associations.

How long does the immigration process take?

In many cases, the process can take from one to two years, depending on the complexities of the project and your individual circumstances.

When will I be able to become a Canadian citizen?

You are eligible to become a Canadian citizen after you have lived in the country for 3 years.

What about dual citizenship?

Canada recognizes dual citizenship, but the country you are immigrating from also has to recognize it before such status can be granted.

I have acquired property in Canada. Does that help or hinder the process?

Buying property in Canada does not give a non-citizen any advantages in the immigration process. In fact, buying property may actually have the effect of costing you a visitor visa.

How do we start the immigration process?

Call the Law Offices of Jennifer Roggemann at (866) 878-9611 for a consultation, either with her or with one of her legal assistants. They’ll obtain some preliminary information, and then assess details and help you begin the process of immigration to Canada.